Monday, July 7, 2014

Hey Instagram, I'd Like to Have a Chat with You

Alright. I've had enough. I. Cannot. Take. It. Anymore. What am I ranting about, you wonder? Let’s see. Well, it's 2014. We can tell our coffee pot to make us our morning cup of joe when we get out of our beds. We can 3D print our self-designed jewelry and wear it out that night. 

But if I want to switch Instagram accounts, I have to go to my profile, click my settings and scroll down to the bottom of my screen to "Log Out." Then, I log into another account to use that profile. When I want to switch accounts, I have to do it all over again. You see, it's frustrating. And frankly, I'm tired of it.

This is for the social media marketers of the world. This is for everyone who deals with the real struggle of signing in and out of Instagram accounts five times a day to post one damn photo. I can shuffle through my different Twitter accounts with just a tap and a scroll on my phone. Instagram, take a lesson from Twitter. 

I just began working with MotorMood on social media and don't get me wrong, I love being in charge of different social platforms. But every time I go to post something, it's a struggle. Every time I search for a business, it's a struggle. Really, Instagram is a struggle. 

Instagram is not solely for teenagers who use the platform to discover what their best friends ate for lunch or to post another #selfiesunday. Instagram is a tool to share moments and to create content for personal and business use! Modernize yourself, already! 

So, what can we take from this? I'm putting in a call to action for you, Instagram. Please optimize your platform for business and personal use. If you want more users creating content, don't make them climb over obstacles left and right.  

Let's not have a #throwbackthursday for functionality. Instead, it's time to move forward to an interface that is up with the time. I along with all the all the Instagram-ers are rooting for you! 

What are your thoughts? Do you ever get frustrated with Instagram? Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment